Heaven to Earth
- Price $50 including GST per person (minimum 4 pax)
- Departure Time Daily from 10am & 1.30pm
- Total Walking Distance Some off trail walking on Maungawhau (Mount Eden)
- Total Duration Approximately 90 minutes
- Requirements Light to medium level of fitness. Bring walking shoes, rain jacket and camera
- Notes No wheelchair or walker access. There is no maximum number for a group, however we suggest splitting the group in two if larger than 20 people to ensure a positive experience.
See Auckland from a new perspective.
Discover the significance of the dormant volcano Maungawhau (Mount Eden), which stands proudly above Auckland City. Once a thriving pā (Māori strategic stronghold), , your kaiarahi (guide) will bring the mountain to life with stories, passed down through generations, as you explore the terraces and ascend the mountain. At the mountain summit, the highest geographical point in Auckland, views of the Manukau and Waitematā harbours, Rangitoto and beyond will take your breath away. Hear the story of how Auckland CBD came to stand where it is today, and the historical tale of how the mountain came to be.
From NZD 95.00pp
Experience the cultural heart of Auckland, on our 2 hour Home Fires of Tāmaki (Auckland) tour. A short trip from the hustle of the central city, this magnificent whenua (land) is one of Auckland’s most tranquil locations.
From NZD 295.00pp
Take part in a ceremony thousands of years old. You will be greeted by one of our Kaiarahi (guides) and welcomed onto Takaparawhau. This is your chance to stand at this sacred place to watch the sun ascend into the Auckland sky as the city awakens.
“From the minute we met Annette, she engaged our group of 6 with her warm and authentic Maori spirit. Visiting the sacred site and...”